Home maintenance is a big responsibility, with part of it being upkeep and inspections to make sure things in your house are working properly. The garage door is no exception. Keeping the place where you keep your vehicle safe and functional involves a little work.
If your garage has issues, schedule your Genie garage door repair in Denton, TX. Look out for these common problems that can occur in new and old homes:
- Dead battery on remote – If your door suddenly stops working, this is the first thing you should check.
- Door Obstructions – Items blocking the path to close the door can keep it from working properly.
- Messed up alignment – The door tracks can become misaligned, impairing the machine’s ability to smoothly function.
- Loud noises during operation –This may be related to loose nuts and bolts in part of the garage door system. Sometimes tightening the parts can solve the problem.
- Partially opening or closing – If this occurs, it is often due to an obstruction or a problem with the tracks.
- Slamming close – Spring problems remove necessary tension, which can cause the door to snap shut instead of slowly moving.
- Broken motor – If you replace the battery and the door still isn’t budging, the motor on your opener may be the problem.
Contact the technicians at Genie garage door repair in Denton, TX today. Whether you need your garage door opener repaired or replaced, Genie Sales and Service Co., can evaluate your home and help find a solution. The longer problems with your garage go unattended, the more the people and property in your home are at risk.