Installing a garage door might not seem like a significant investment. However, many homeowners do not realize the impact the garage door can make on their property’s curb appeal. Not only is it one of the first things people see when they pass by, but it also serves an important function. An automatic door is much more convenient and easy to use when compared to a manual one. With a Genie garage door company, you can convert your door and enhance the value of your home.
Cutting Costs & Promoting Safety
When shopping for a home, potential buyers will likely look closely at your garage door. If it’s a manual door, they may turn away, since modern homes usually come with an automatic one. Additionally, if your garage door is dirty or unsightly in any way, they may think negatively about the interior of the house or the quality of the property overall. With an attractive, automatic garage door, you’re sure to draw in more interested buyers.
Not only do garage doors provide convenience and curb appeal, but they also provide energy savings and promote safety. A garage door helps insulate the inside of your home, reducing energy costs. Modern Genie garage door companies also install sensors that prevent the door from shutting when its path is obstructed, allow you and your family to stay safe.
In today’s market, homeowners are not starved for choices. Garage doors in Denton, TX, are available in different materials, which serve as the basis for their form and functionality. Here are a few of the most popular materials to create doors:
Wood: The classic material, wooden garage doors are well-known for their striking visual appeal and longstanding sturdiness. Different species, like oak, pine, and mahogany, provide astonishing details, which are further accentuated by brilliant finishes. Wood doors are also highly customizable.
Aluminum: Aluminum garage doors are amongst the lightest available in the market. They do not rust easily, which makes them an ideal choice in coastal communities. When installing a garage door opener, aluminum doors are also chosen because of their manageable weight.
Steel: Steel doors are a popular choice for a new installation, as they provide strength and security to a garage. On top of that, they boast a wide range of customization options–including special finishing that allows steel doors to look similar to wood. Steel configurations can also be insulated.
By considering your options in garage door materials carefully, it will be easier to make the choice that will meet your needs. You can also arrange a consultation with a garage door company to gain insight on which materials are a good fit for your new door.
Whether you spend time working on a custom car or just want to leave the house without a blast of cold air, heating your garage is a great way to increase your comfort and protect important equipment. There’s more than one way to accomplish this task, however, and knowing all the options available can help you choose the best one. Here are a few ways to keep things warm behind your garage doors in Denton, TX:
Space Heaters — Perhaps the most common method, space heaters are one of the easiest warming devices to employ. They work especially well as a cost-effective option for small garages but might struggle in larger spaces.
Insulation — Many garages are uninsulated, which makes them much more prone to temperature change than the inside of a house. Investing in a home improvement project to add insulation helps you year-round and can even improve energy efficiency.
Forced Air Heater — Powerful and quick-working, forced air heater blast warmth into your garage to keep it at a comfortable temperature. However, they also have a tendency to blow debris from woodworking and other activities.
Heated Floors — Especially advantageous for mechanics or garages that double as safe play areas, heating floors let you enjoy reliable warmth, even if you aren’t wearing shoes or need to get close to the ground.
Modern conveniences are supposed to be just that – convenient. A Genie garage door opener certainly fits that description. It does all the work while you sit in the comfort of your vehicle, basking in the air conditioning or watching as the rain falls. If you’re leaving home, it saves you the time you would have spent opening the door, driving out, and then stopping to close the door. As you can see, it’s very convenient.
But what about those times when a convenience doesn’t work as it should? The word frustration doesn’t really cover it; aggravation may be a better description.
There are ways to troubleshoot common problems with your garage door opener, so you’re not saddled with a door that is neither up or down, will not stop opening and closing, or won’t work at all. Here are a few helpful hints:
If the door doesn’t open or close with the remote, it could be for a few different reasons. You could be out of range, so move closer. The antenna on the motor units might not be hanging down or is blocked. The remote battery may need to be replaced, or the remote unit itself may need to be reprogrammed.
If the door doesn’t open with the remote or the wall switch, check the lights. If they are not on, the opener unit does not have power. Make sure the motor is connected, then check the outlet and the breaker to see if you have an electrical problem.
Garages are prime real estate for raccoons, opossums, and other common pest animals. It’s not hard to see why–these spaces are dark, warm, and generally cluttered, providing several closed spaces in which to nest. The good news is that there are plenty of ways to discourage animals from making their homes in your garage. Here are just a few:
- Keep it clean. Without suitable nooks and crannies, furry critters won’t be able to settle down without you noticing. Take some time to clear away junk, organize essentials, and eliminate potential nesting grounds. You might even want to install shelves to keep items off the ground.
- Separate trash. Many people keep their trash and recycling bins in their garages until pickup day for convenience. But the smell of trash can be alluring for certain pest animals, leading them to search for (or even make their own) entry points. Keep trash outside in a secure bin to discourage animal visitors.
- Fix your garage door. A surprising number of homeowners live with garage doors that are slow to close, or don’t close all the way. If your garage door doesn’t work as it should, you’ve left yourself open to potential unwanted guests. Schedule garage door repair in Denton, TX, ASAP to ensure your home is secure.
Choosing any kind of service to do work in your home is usually a difficult decision. When looking for someone to repair your garage, the easy and most trusted option is Genie Sales & Service Co. Genie Sales & Service Co. has been providing reliable garage door repair Lewisville TX has called on for generations. Here’s why:
- We’ve been family owned and operated since 1957. Our technicians understand what it means to get service that is trustworthy and budget friendly. This mindset is what has helped us run our business and is why customers have depended on us to keep their garage doors running smoothly.
- We have decades of industry knowledge that’s ready to help you. Because this has been a family business, we’ve passed down best practices and combined it with up to date information and technology. Together, they give you the best service for your time and money.
- We offer a variety of quality services. Whether it be complete garage door repair, a simple parts fix, or just a cosmetic upgrade, we have the experience and tools you need. This way, you get the best garage door service every time.
So what are you waiting for? See the garage door repair Lewisville TX has continuously relies on and talks about! We’re here to help you get the garage door system your home needs. Contact us today for more information about our services or visit our showroom to see our products in person.
Welcome to the Genie Sales & Services Co. blog! Here you’ll find information, helpful tricks, and so much more on our services. Our services include:
- Garage door repair. We are proud to be part of the network of Genie garage door parts dealers. We can help repair your broken garage door or help you find the missing part your door needs.
- Garage door openers and accessories: We carry a wide variety of garage door openers and accessories. Our knowledgeable staff can help you find what works best for your home or business. Since we are in the system of Genie garage door parts dealers, we stay up to date on new technology and carry some of the latest products on the market.
- Garage door replacement: Spruce up your curb appeal with a new garage door. In our showroom, we have a variety of doors to fit your needs and your budget. Additionally, we carry door styles that range from contemporary to traditional and have decorative inserts to get the look you desire.
So whether you’re looking for just a part to your garage door or if you’re ready to replace your system all together, Genie Sales & Services Co. can help you! Give us a call today to start your project or if you have any questions. Be sure to check back to our blog for information on new products, updates, and more!