There’s no denying it: autumn is here, and winter is on its way. With the coldest months of the year right around the corner, it is important to start looking at how your garage could benefit from a little extra insulation. While there are many benefits, regardless of what season you are in, of insulating your garage, here are a few that are even more important in chillier temperatures.
Save on energy bills – If your garage is connected to your home, having some insulation – whether in the structure itself or on the door – is crucial to your energy costs during that season. Having added insulation in your garage during the winter months can help to keep your energy costs lower, and also keep cold air from finding its way indoors.
It keeps the rest of your home warm – Not only does insulating your garage keep that area of your home away from the cold; it also keeps the rest of your house warm, too. When you add insulation to an area that is more exposed to the extreme temperatures outdoors than other spaces, it strengthens the rest of your home’s insulation and a barrier to cold as well.
It helps to keep out unwanted visitors – During the winter months, smaller animals that live outdoors are continually seeking out warmth. If there are areas in your garage that are not sealed correctly, these tiny, unwanted visitors could find their way into your garage and possibly into the rest of your home as well. Adding insulation to your garage helps to patch up any of those holes they could make their way through and helps to keep them out of the space they should not occupy.
Shopping for garage doors in Denton, TX can be challenging, so don’t waste time browsing and talk to the experts at Genie Sales & Service Co. Call us for your garage door sales and service needs at (972) 434-1717 today!
Home maintenance is a big responsibility, with part of it being upkeep and inspections to make sure things in your house are working properly. The garage door is no exception. Keeping the place where you keep your vehicle safe and functional involves a little work.
If your garage has issues, schedule your Genie garage door repair in Denton, TX. Look out for these common problems that can occur in new and old homes:
- Dead battery on remote – If your door suddenly stops working, this is the first thing you should check.
- Door Obstructions – Items blocking the path to close the door can keep it from working properly.
- Messed up alignment – The door tracks can become misaligned, impairing the machine’s ability to smoothly function.
- Loud noises during operation –This may be related to loose nuts and bolts in part of the garage door system. Sometimes tightening the parts can solve the problem.
- Partially opening or closing – If this occurs, it is often due to an obstruction or a problem with the tracks.
- Slamming close – Spring problems remove necessary tension, which can cause the door to snap shut instead of slowly moving.
- Broken motor – If you replace the battery and the door still isn’t budging, the motor on your opener may be the problem.
Contact the technicians at Genie garage door repair in Denton, TX today. Whether you need your garage door opener repaired or replaced, Genie Sales and Service Co., can evaluate your home and help find a solution. The longer problems with your garage go unattended, the more the people and property in your home are at risk.
Choosing any kind of service to do work in your home is usually a difficult decision. When looking for someone to repair your garage, the easy and most trusted option is Genie Sales & Service Co. Genie Sales & Service Co. has been providing reliable garage door repair Lewisville TX has called on for generations. Here’s why:
- We’ve been family owned and operated since 1957. Our technicians understand what it means to get service that is trustworthy and budget friendly. This mindset is what has helped us run our business and is why customers have depended on us to keep their garage doors running smoothly.
- We have decades of industry knowledge that’s ready to help you. Because this has been a family business, we’ve passed down best practices and combined it with up to date information and technology. Together, they give you the best service for your time and money.
- We offer a variety of quality services. Whether it be complete garage door repair, a simple parts fix, or just a cosmetic upgrade, we have the experience and tools you need. This way, you get the best garage door service every time.
So what are you waiting for? See the garage door repair Lewisville TX has continuously relies on and talks about! We’re here to help you get the garage door system your home needs. Contact us today for more information about our services or visit our showroom to see our products in person.